Here are reasons you should read Shine, Coconut Moon by Neesha Meminger.
1. The title is great. I want a body spray in Shining Coconut Moon scent. I know that has nothing to do with the quality of the book, but don't you agree?
1a. Once, some guy friended Neesha on facebook after she loaded her cover image, thinking the cover image was actually Neesha, and said something like
2. It's a topical book (racism toward Indian Americans post 9-11) yet is still a timeless coming-of-age story.
3. It's cultural without being HERE IS CULTURE YOU WILL LEARN AND LOVE IT shoved down your throat cultural.
4. It handles racial differences in a realistic and respectful way.
5. Neesha is great.
6. Seriously, we should look into that Shining Coconut Moon scent.